I strolled through my posts from 2011 and it got me thinking of what I did and didn't accomplish, participate in, find, lose, regret, wish I'd done, happy I did, and the likes. In no particular order they are as follows...
1) The Kardashians. Why on earth did I get hooked on watching that mess of a family on TV!?!
2) I still, at age 53 3/4, do not color my hair, a claim that neither Katy Perry or Lady Gaga can make. I'm kinda proud of that.
3) There has been no more choking on food from Taco Bell, but sadly taco cravings were replaced by McDonald's cheeseburger cravings. I'm going to need serious Rehab to break that habit. Real Rehab, not Charlie Sheen Rehab, but my thighs will eventually thank me.
4) Another year and I still have yet to see a Harry Potter or Twilight movie. I think that's a good thing.
5) I watched Oprah's "final show" in 2011-- All three of them. But I have a very hard time watching her new network, OWN-- The "all self-help, all the time" channel.
6) All my "bling" is still hidden as the neighborhood robbers continue to elude four private security patrol companies and the LA Police Department. That's why I decided against bidding on Elizabeth Taylor's gems. Wink, wink.
7) My beloved Mac computer was repaired with a massive $900+ fee waived. When Steve Jobs passed away I was surprisingly sad considering I never met him and knew very little about him. It's nearly time to retire my aging laptop and when it's replaced I'll say a prayer of thanks for Steve.
8) After three weeks with 15 mouse traps of various sizes, shapes and styles, smeared with half a jar of peanut butter around my house, I'm convinced that the plumber's claim of "big poops" belonging to what I imagined to be football-sized mice, simply do not exist. Traps are empty and the house has been scoured from top to bottom without so much as a spec of additional "poops" discovered. Phew!
9) Many birthdays and a few births have been celebrated in our family. My sewing machine and I have worked overtime to keep up and that makes me happy.
10) In 2012 I hope to go to New York City and see the 9/11 Memorial. Hard to imagine that awful day was ten years ago but I continue to pray.... for all of us.
11) Spring cleaning: No. Maybe/perhaps/possibly getting to winter cleaning: Yes.
12) I helped move, schlep and paint BFF and Godson's new home. We've accomplish a great deal but still have much work to do.... As in BFF just bought a tile cutter to remodel her bathroom. Help!
13) I did not Occupy Wall Street or anything else, unless your count the above mentioned Micky D's.
14) Kate and William: High Five to the new Royals.
15) Pinterest: IN. Martha Stewart: OUT
16) $27,000 returned to Bank of America. Still no thank you.... or comment.... or anything. Just a much smaller checking account balance.
17) Our swimming pool is still in place. I check-- Every. Single. Day.
19) Possibility of a dog joining our family this year? 50/50 but inching up bit by bit.
20) Programs on my TiVo: "Good Wife", "Glee", "Gray's Anatomy", and Anderson Cooper's daytime show-- I had such high hopes for him. What a disappointment.
21) Number of nights spent in hospitals by loved ones in 2011: 67 - Translation: Too damn many.
22) Numbers of bursting buttons by proud parents in our family: Countless. Many of those moments I got to witness and that makes me happy.
23) Number of trips back home to Ohio in 2011: Eight. Many were tear-filled and sad with the passing of my sweet Step-Father but some were pure joy, like this one...
24) Number of Giveaways on this blog in 2011: Three. Another one's coming January 6th!
25) Goals for 2012 include:
-Less tears. More joy.
-Less anxiety. More meditation.
-Stop buying fabric and use up what I already have. (Which should last me til the year 2028!)
-Organize closets-- again. Then stop messing them up.
-Stay healthy or at least healthier.
-Dress up more often.
-Cut my hair and remember how much I will save on Botox if I have bangs. And no crying at the hair salon.
-Go to a different museum at least once every month.
-Move more... Preferably up hill at a fat-burning pace with weights in my hands, the wind in my hair and a butt like Pippa Middleton.
Wishing you all a wonderful , happy and healthy 2012! Thanks for all your blog love.
Welcome to www.TheFiftyFactor.com - Joanna Jenkins
Photo Credit: © Callahan - Fotolia.com