Spring is in full bloom and summer is just around the corner. Finally!
But, it seems like every Labor Day weekend I'm asking myself where the summer went. It happens without fail! Before I realize it, Memorial Day, July 4th, the glorious weather, and all things summer have flown by without a moment to enjoy any of it. But this year I'm planing ahead and that's going to change, baby!
This year, I'm making my list of Summer Resolutions and I'm sticking to it-- I'm making plans, organizing my calendar, spending quality time with family and friends, slathering on the sunscreen and ceasing the opportunity to ENJOY the best months of the year!
My Summer Resolutions are simple--
1) Potluck dinners will be on the calendar faster than you can say "pass the potato salad" to connect with friends I don't see nearly as often as I'd like.
2) Plant tomatoes-- My BFF has seedlings for me in her greenhouse and this summer I'm going to nurse those gems into beautiful, ripe fruit that makes my mouth water just thinking about it.
3) Godson and I will fly to Ohio to meet the newest addition to our family-- My sweet niece's baby is due June 19th and I can't wait to get my hands on her.
4) Beloved Husband and I will sneak off for at least two extra long weekends together-- Hopefully one will be in NYC and the other with a spa massage for me and tennis for him.
5) I will find my treadmill again. I know it's here somewhere, under piles of junk, but I WILL find it and use it five days a week like I used to-- Because I want a lot of.....
6) Pool parties! (And this year I'd like to actually swim-- translation: wear a bathing suit.) After the massive repair job we're undertaking on our sinking pool and deck (The construction is moving along swimmingly, by the way.), we will definitely be splish-splashing this summer.
7) Yoga. I'm going to figure it out and find a class or two per week that Beloved and I can take together. Yes, zen is definitely in our future this summer.
8) War and Peace. I've never read but this summer-- Cover to cover by Labor Day.
9) I will remember to cut fresh flowers from the garden and bring them in the house to enjoy. We have huge rose bushes loaded with blooms that will brighten my days.
10) And I will partake in mindless entertainment, like this....
Cuz a girl needs a little fluff in the summer, especially after War and Peace.
What are YOUR Summer Resolutions?
Welcome to www.TheFiftyFactor.com - Joanna Jenkins
Photo Credit: Joanna Jenkins