1. Delta Airlines First Class Cabin: Thanks to ten years worth of frequent flyer miles we finally were able to "turn left" at the door and entered First Class. Ahh, what a great place to spend the five hour flight to vacation paradise.
2. In Maui, we were greeted with gorgeous 84 degree weather for seven straight days. It only started to rain when we were leaving. (Yeah for us!)
3. Westin Maui: Despite being filled to capacity requiring long waits in lines galore, the staff was outstanding and very friendly with one goal-- To make us happy. And they did just that! We were surprised in our room with a bottle of wine and cake for Husband's birthday and a complimentary ocean-side cabana. You can't beat that. Oh, and the fish tacos next door at Leilani's were amazing.
4. Even though it was November, there was not one single Christmas decoration in sight-- Anywhere! How's THAT for "Not Before Thanksgiving"?!? No rushing the holidays in paradise.
5. Every traveler we spoke to was so darn happy to be in Hawaii and not back home where the weather was cold. It brought the best out in people.
6. When we got "fresh fished out" we headed to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Lahaina for a big juicy steak.
7. Husband says the Pina Coladas in Maui, with fresh pineapple garnish, are better than anywhere else in the country.
8. Fascinating People Watching: Many, many hotel guests in Maui were rocking tattoos big time. All ages and shapes from around the globe were showing off their ink and happy to tell you the story behind them... Even when you didn't actually ask.
9. All you need to pack are bathing suits, tee shirts, shorts and flip flops making traveling light as breeze.
10. And even though our return flight was delayed due to maintenance issues, Delta Airlines again scored huge points-- During the 90 minute wait, Delta Gate Personnel served warm drinks, sodas and snacks to all the passengers! In all my years of travel I have NEVER seen that happen before. Ever.
It was a glorious and relaxing week for us. It's been a very long time since Husband and I took a "real" vacation-- meaning, just the two of us, not work related, with nothing on the agenda except relax and enjoy. Boy did we need it!
How's your Sunday?
Welcome to www.TheFiftyFactor.com - Joanna Jenkins